Monday, October 1, 2007

Random Comments by Claire

Today we were riding home from the store, and Claire and I had a few very interesting conversations. They went like this:

Claire: There's a brown bus
Allie: Where? (Didn't see any other cars, trucks, or buses on the road)
Claire: There's a brown bus in the tree

Claire: I want to sit in the back seat
Allie: You are sitting in the back seat.
Claire: No, I want to sit in the back seat (pointing to the front seat).
Allie: Oh, you mean you want to sit in the front seat?
Claire: Yeah.
Allie: Well, you can't sit in the the front seat while Mommy's driving because it's against the law.
Claire: (trying to repeat Mommy) I can't sit next to the law.
Allie: laughing, No, you can't sit next to the law.
Claire: Where's the law?
Allie: speechless

Claire: (grabbing at her ear) I want to hold my ear.
Allie: Okay, you can hold your ear.
Claire: I want to take it off.
Allie: You can't take your ear off, sweetie.
Claire: I want to hold my ear.
Allie: You can hold it while it's on your head, but you can't take it off.
Claire: smiling and apparently satisfied with my answer

Reasoning with a 2-year old is quite interesting. I recommend it to everyone.

No comments: