Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!



I hope all who read this blog had a very Merry Christmas this year!

We spent Christmas Eve with our church family celebrating our Savior's birth. The church service was one of my favorite Christmas Eve services yet, featuring songs from Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God, and of course, songs sung by our church's very cute, lovable, and entertaining children. Most of all, it is a highlight of mine to worship the Lord for giving up his majestic throne in heaven and being born a lowly man all so that he could rescue lost sinners. We have an amazing God, and Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year to celebrate all that he is. It is always difficult not to become distracted by the cares and responsibilities of life during this season, but by God's grace, I hope I was able to at least come back to a place where I could remember the true reason for the season, and also to reflect that truth to Claire.

After church Christmas Eve and all day Christmas day was spent with family who we love so very much! It can be a full and exhausting 24 hours, but I am so thankful that we can see our family that we love very much for Christmas.

No comments: