Friday, February 22, 2008

Adventure in the Snow

Claire and I set out on an adventure today to Turkey Hill! I know, very exciting. It is much more exciting when you're two and think that the only reason to go to Turkey Hill is for gummi bears. Knowing that Claire is not very fond of snow, I talked to her first to see whether we should just drive the two blocks or if she would be brave enough to walk. I knew she'd get pretty heavy in all of her snow gear. But, she seemed really excited about walking in the snow to Turkey Hill. So, we geared up (which took a good amount of time).



Okay, all set to go. As I'm openning the back door, Claire starts saying, "I don't like the snow. I'm scared to walk in the snow!" Hmmm.....maybe I should have just drove. So, we set out and I try to encourage her to walk since there wasn't much snow on the sidewalk, but she insists on my carrying her. It went fine on the way there (although my arms were getting pretty tired), but I was really concerned about the way back since the real reason for going to Turkey Hill was to get some milk. I'm trying to picture myself carrying Claire in one hand and milk in the other, and getting more and more tired by the second. Well, we arrived at Turkey Hill, and I convinced Claire to walk in the parking lot. I think she was so excited to be there that it didn't matter to her anymore that she was walking. We picked up a 1/2 gallon of milk (I was going to buy a whole gallon, but I thought I'd give myself a break) and the all important bag of gummi bears, and set off for home again. After about a half block, I had a little talk with Claire, explaining that walking on the sidewalk was just like walking in the parking lot at Turkey Hill. That didn't convince her. Then I resorted to bribery and told her that she could have some chocolate milk if she walked the rest of the way home. That did it!



She walked the rest of the way home, and enjoyed a cup of warm chocolate milk when we got there!! Here's the real prize, though...



Here's another good snow picture...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allie, what a surprise I came upon while catching up on Seth and Janet's blog....YOUR blog!! How sweet - I love it and now will have to check it out regularly. How little Claire-Bear is such a sweetheart :) Glad the "bribe" worked; I can imnagine your arms were getting tired!

Love ya - Beth