Monday, November 26, 2007

The One Who Holds Everything in His Hands

"who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him." - 1 Peter 3:22

This verse is obviously speaking of Jesus. The one of whom it is said, "Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. " Recently I have been in fear for my future - not knowing what it holds for me, and not wanting hardship for myself but especially not for Claire. The truth is that none of know what tomorrow holds, but I can cling to the word of God, and the fact that ALL of my days (and Claire's days) have been planned by him. If hardship does come, which is entirely plausible in this life, it is because he has allowed it to come. If angels, authorties, and powers are all subjected to him, then NOTHING can reach me that he hasn't pre-ordained. And because I know his love for me is sure, steadfast, and unchanging, everything I face in life - even the most difficult trial - is laced with love from above.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." This is the truth on which I stand. I have no reason to fear anything in this life when God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, who has planned every single one of my days, can in his infinite power and might cause all my trouble and pain, and even my own foolish choices and failures, to result in good. This verse also says that I am called "according to his purpose." He has a purpose for me, and he will do all he must to fulfill it.

My heart sings in praises to him for his unfailing love and sovereign power over his creation.

No comments: