Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Attack of the Ants!!

Apparently we aren't the only ones welcoming Spring. Claire and I were sitting on the couch this afternoon when I thought I saw something moving across the carpet. I looked closer to see, and I saw an ant, and behind it, another crawling out of the carpet, and behind it, another. Suddenly, I noticed there were ants all over the carpet. I squished the ones I saw at first, but after a while I new I would need a faster method. So, I grabbed the vacuum cleaner. After sucking up a good many, I was told that they would probably survive the vacuum, and are probably crawling around in there. Ugh. I looked online to see if I could find a natural way of killing the ants both inside and outside (they just keep appearing out of the carpet) the vacuum. I found various methods of "all natural" ant control, including the following:

The Finger Method
1. Place finger over ant.
2. Push finger firmly on ant.
3. Twist and roll finger so the carcass will stick to said finger.
4. Repeat if necessary.
5. Wash hands as squashed ants stink.


Really??? Well, I'm off to battle the ants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Not a great method for people who don't like bugs!