Friday, January 23, 2009

Bathtub Tea Party



Tonight, while I was preparing to give Claire her bath, she came up with the idea to have a tea party in the bathtub. We have a lot of different bath toys, but occasionally, Claire likes to choose unconventional bath toys by asking to put regular toys from her room in the tub. She has gotten smart enough to figure out which toys work and which toys don't work in the bathtub. For instance, she doesn't ask to put her stuffed animals in the tub. Tonight, she asked if she could play with a few plastic tea cups. I said sure, and she proceeded to gather two tea cups, two bowls, a teapot, and a tray (to carry it all on) from her kitchen set. While being bathed, she even made a cup of "tea" for me. I asked her if she had Earl Grey, and she replied, "No, but we do have 'tea-caf'." I had to giggle...I think she hears us talking about "decaf" coffee and thinks we are saying "tea-caf," which, in her mind, must be some type of tea!

No comments: